Fill in your e-mail address below to subscribe to our newsletter. Stay updated on Brunvoll's latest news and announcements.
Are you ready for ONS in Stavanger? Brunvoll will be present at ONS in Stavanger, Norway, from the 29th of August to the 1st of September. You are welcome to meet our representatives at stand number 250/7.
What is ONS?
ONS takes place every second year in Stavanger, Norway.
The next event is 29 August – 1 September 2016.
When oil and gas was discovered in the North Sea, the need for a meeting place for the companies in this new industry emerged. ONS was held for the first time in 1974, and has more than 40 years of proud history.
ONS is a non-profit foundation, and was established by Stavanger City Council, Statoil, Stavanger Forum and the Norwegian Petroleum Society.
ONS has developed with the times – as has the name. In the seventies, ONS was short for Offshore North Sea, as the event was targeted at companies with business in the North Sea basin.
However, the oil industry soon started to explore other parts of the Norwegian Continental Shelf. The ONS event grew alongside the industry, more exhibitors and visitors participated and the conference topics became broader. So the name was changed to Offshore Northern Seas.
Today, the event attracts visitors from all over the world, and is known just as ONS.
Key figures from ONS 2014
- 91 862 visitors from more than 100 countries
- 1 392 exhibitors from 39 countries
- 24 000 square metres exhibition area (expanded to 27 000 sq m in 2016)
- 11 100 attendees on four conference arena
- 10 exhibition halls (1 more than in 2014
- 27 000 square metres exhibition space
- Operators and suppliers from all over the world
- Approx 30 % new exhibitors
- Two designated areas for innovators and companies with clean energy initiatives: Innovation Park and Clean Energy Park
- Access to ONS Centre Court, a conference arena in the exhibition area
- No invitation needed. Tickets cost 400 NOK – this gives access to the exhibition all four days
Go to the ONS website here.